Smart Cities need to set up a flexible Living Lab to cope with the city evolution in terms of services and city users’ needs and capabilities. Snap4City solution ( ) provides a flexible method and solution to quickly create a large range of smart city applications exploiting heterogeneous data and enabling services for stakeholders by IOT/IOE, data analytics and big data technologies. Snap4City applications support multiple paradigms as data driven, stream and batch processing, putting co-creation tools in the hands of: (i) Smart Living Lab users and developers a plethora of solutions to develop applications without vendor lock-in, protocol lock-in, format lock-in, (ii) final users customizable / flexible mobile Apps and tools, (iii) city operators and decision makers specialized / sophisticated city dashboards and IOT/IOE applications for city status monitoring and control, (iv) experts with unified data model, data analytics, advanced machine learning integrated with knowledge reasoning, business intelligence, and data transformation tools. Snap4City satisfies all the expected requirements of Select4Cities challenge PCP, ENOLL, and EIP and much more, and it is 100% open source, scalable, robust, respecting user needs and privacy; provides MicroServices and easily replaceable tools; support GDPR; provides a set of tools for knowledge and living lab management, and it is compliant with more than 50 protocols including end-to-end encrypted communications, mutual authenticated (or other models), and official platform of FiWare, library of JS Foundation Node-RED, LoraWAN, SigFOX, The ThingsNetworks, OneM2M, ETSI, etc. etc.
The most innovative aspects of Snap4City solution are:
- the Wizard: an expert system for immediate application production by matching data vs graphics representation for creating city and personal Dashboards by rendering and acting on data and IOT devices with a large range of graphics widgets; which may have intelligence in the back by means of powerful IOT applications on data flow combining powerful Smart City Microservices, data analytics and API;
- Unified data model capable to unifying POI, KPI, sensors, actuators, heatmap, GIS, personal data, trajectories, tracks, paths, OD matrices, etc.;
- a Semantic Reasoner supporting the modelling of city entities, their semantic relationships and search, for they discovery, IOT discovery, dynamic and autonomous data analytics as machine learning, and for development of applications in multiple domains: mobility and transport, tourism, health, welfare, social, etc. Extending the Km4City multi-domain semantic model (https://www.km4city.org );
- End-2-end encrypted communication, from devices to dashboard, compliant with GDPR privacy/security, mutual authenticated (or other models);
- Data Analytic extensible by using multiple programming languages, including: R, Java, C/C++, Python, R Studio and Tensor Flow, exploitable as scheduled processes and/or MicroServices into IOT Applications;
- Flexible and extensible IOT/IOE Applications exploiting External Services, MicroServices and Micro Applications, Data Analytics and tools;
- a wide range of Advanced Smart City APIs and MicroServices and modalities to create traditional and advanced Web and Mobile Applications and services;
- IOT Directory and service simplifying the creation of Applications abstracting complexity of IOT Devices, IOT Edge, IOT Brokers, protocols and data formats, exploiting the Semantic Reasoner;
- Open Source IOT Devices, IOT Edge on Android, Arduino, Rasperry PI, Linux, Windows, ESP32, PAXCounter, etc., with mutual authentication and encrypted communication, and IOT Application control from web page;
- Tools for Living Lab coworking, sharing, and delegating: data, resource, IOT devices, IOT Edge, heatmaps, IOT Applications, dashboards, blogs, articles, videos, external services, micro applications, MicroServices, social interaction, etc.;
- usable on cloud and on premise with your private installation is 100% open source;
- Modular, secure, elastic scalability and robustness by design are also provided with automated scaling for IOT applications, Data Analytics, data processing and ingestion;
- Ready to use Appliance for a number of modules and tools.