Snap4City is capable to interoperate since it can import and export data in multiple formats and protocols
- Acquire and send data from/to several sources (any protocol and format).
Snap4City supports a very large number of protocols for collecting data and for exposing data towards other services and tools: https://www.snap4city.org/drupal/node/65
- According to the assessment: the process of adding a new protocol has been considered too complex. Now we have performed a Simplification of the process to add a new IOT protocol and thus for becoming interoperable with other platforms. This latter feature is accessible to any level of users and thus for All User Group members of the cities.
- Included External Services as Rest Calls: They can be made accessible into Snap4City IOT Applications as MicroServices. The user can register them via a simple interface. A List of the available MicroServices from External Services is also provided in to the Resource Manager https://processloader.snap4city.org/processloader/ssoLogin.php?redirect=page.php%3FshowFrame=false
- Exploit External Services Web Applications (distinguished for organization of the registered user), exploiting them on Dashboard and MicroServices. For External Services we intend Web based Tools that may expose web pages on which one can interact: a weather portal, a specific view on traffic, the status of the port, etc. This means that the Snap4City Platform can integrate in any Dashboard the legacy External Services and Tools to produce integrated views. The Users of the platform can register new External Services on Snap4City and they become immediately accessible in the Dashboard Wizard for their composition into Dashboards. A Dashboard can integrate any number of External Service.
- Examples of dashboards with External Services are:
- Additional new example for Antwerp with a large number of External Services integrated into the same Dashboard:
- Federated Open Data Portals via DataGate/CKAN For example, presently presents now more than 13800 data sets linked for the cities of Helsinki and Antwerp.
- Federation, Harvesting interface is: https://datagate.snap4city.org/harvest
- https://www.snap4city.rg/drupal/node/478 ,
- TC9.16 – Web Scraping t get data from web pages
- The WebScraping tool directly produces a process which is allocated on Cloud for scraping the data periodically and bring the data into the IOT Applications. Thus the user may decide to save this data, use in some Data Analytic or bring them on Dashboard directly.
- Federate Multiple Snap4City Knowledge Bases. This allows the creation of mobile applications that may move from multiple cities and area transparently. This solution is presently in place among the Knowledge Bases of: Antwerp/Helsinki, Tuscany/Firenze, Sardegna, etc. The resulting Service is called Super Service Map and it is integrated in the Smart City API.
- Exploit external Maps via WMS protocols (among them also MAP provided for free from ESRI) https://www.snap4city.org/drupal/node/368
to show them directly into Dashboards, see for example: https://www.snap4city.org/drupal/node/368 and
- Exploit WFS sources to show them directly on Dashboards: https://www.snap4city.org/drupal/node/368
- Exploit WFS sources to ingest them into the Snap4City permanent storage via ETL and/or IOT Applications: https://www.snap4city.org/drupal/node/368
- See Fi-Ware vs Snap4City web page: Snap4City vs Fi-Ware, procotols and compliance
Snap4City is capable to interoperate since it can Expose its data and services via:
- Advanced Smart City API which can be confined into a single Smart City installation or Federated as well as for Super Service Map
- WFS service of Snap4City on top of Federated Smart City API or simple Smart City API of a single ServiceMap (smart City installation). This solution permits to GIS applications and platforms (such as ArcGIS OnLine ESRI, ArcGIS Enterprise ESRI, ArcGIS Map/pro Desktop, QGIS, GeoServer, etc.) to access at Snap4City data. For Example, via:
- WMS service of Snap4City for publishing maps and heatmaps, provided by an installed GeoServer third party open source tool. For example, via:
- Federated Multiple Snap4City Knowledge Bases. This allows the creation of mobile applications that may move from multiple cities and area accessing data and making queries transparently. This solution is presently in place among the Knowledge Bases of: Antwerp/Helsinki, Tuscany/Firenze, Sardegna, etc. The resulting Service is called Super Service Map and it is integrated in the Smart City API. For example, via:
- Federated Open Data Portals via DataGate/CKAN that presently presents now more than 13800 data sets linked for the cities of Helsinki and Antwerp.
- Federation, Harvesting interface is: https://datagate.snap4city.org/harvest
Interoperability with Heatmaps and WMS
Snap4City is working with Heatmaps and Maps in WMS standard. Heatmaps are saved in terms of points in the Heatmap manger server and automatically produced on the basis of the set colormap, the maps/heatmaps are provided to dashboards in standard WMS by means of a GeoServer. https://www.snap4city.org/drupal/node/368
You can see the difference comparing the heatmaps in the two examples:
- Correct adopted Dashboard with calibrated heatmaps on A5 case: https://www.snap4city.org/dashboardSmartCity/view/index.php?iddasboard=MTQwNw==
- Former Dashboard with gaussian heatmaps, at the end accessible but in most cases not used since the gaussian distribution change on the basis of the zoom, and thus the colormap is strongly confusing for the users. Deprecated model: https://www.snap4city.org/dashboardSmartCity/view/index.php?iddasboard=MTMxMQ==
- Snap4City is a platform proposed on the Makert Place of EOSC: https://www.snap4city.org/drupal/node/503
- Snap4city is on BeeSmart market place: https://www.beesmart.city/solutions/snap4city
- Snap4City is compliant with OBD2 Devices for vechicles and fleets monitoring: TC4.7: Vehicles and Fleets Monitoring via OBD2 and Tracker
- Snap4City is fully compliant with GIS, ArcGIS, QGIS, etc., interoperating with WMS and WFS services, see the examples of Snap4City in connection with ArcGIS or OpenGIS provided and made available.
- Snap4city is on GITHUB: https://github.com/disit
- Km4City/Snap4City are data aggregators, Living Lab Support, Smart City Control Room tools (SCCR ), Big Data Analytics, Development tools, etc. 100% open source, available on GITHUB/DISIT
- Snap4City has totally inglobated Km4City services. Km4City name remains alive as a name for the Ontology, while all the other aspects and tools for data aggregation, smartcity API, data modeling, data analytic which where considered part of Km4City suite in the past are now part of Snap4City framework. So that Snap4City is Powered by Km4City Ontology and can be considered Km4City 4.0 https://www.km4city.org
- All tools and models of Snap4City and Km4City are all 100% open source and accessible from GitHub/DISIT.
- Km4City: Km4City of Snap4City is an official API of E015 suite: http://www.e015.regione.lombardia.it/
- FiWare: Snap4City is a Gold Member of FiWare. Snap4City is Powered by FiWare since use IOT Orion Broker and it is compliant with NGSI protocol. Snap4City added to the IOT Orion Broker FiWare tool a layer to make it secure in communicating with IOT Devices and with the Servers, IOT Applications, etc. Thus, Snap4City provides and End-to-End secure communication, from IOT devices up to Dashboard and GDPR compliant.
- LoraWAN: Snap4City is compliant with LoraWan and can be easily connected to services such as Proximus, TheThingsNetwork, etc. In addition, Snap4City also provides LoraWAN Gateways which can connect directly with those services as well as with NGSI Orion Brokers.
- SigFOX: Snap4City is a partner of SigFOX since it is capable to read SigFOX data using SigFOX protocols on SigFOX servers from Snap4City ETL processes for massive reading, and from Snap4City IOT Application for event driven processes:
- Node-RED, JSFoundation: Snap4City is an offial library of Node-RED. Snap4Cirty is compliant with Node-JS Node-RED at level of MicroServices. Snap4City MicroService Collections / suites are available on Node-RED library of JS Foundation and can be installed in any Node-RED installation, please download and install from the office site and internally from Node-RED tools:
- CKAN: Km4City/Snap4City are Powered by CKAN, since they provides DataGate CKAN module for shortening the ingestion and publication of Data Sets, and the eventual connection with other CKAN tools and installazions in the world. https://ckan.org/ . The module is open source.
- Snap4City/Km4City is Linked Open Data Compliant since the knowledge base of the city is developed by using Km4City technology which publish data as Linked Data, Linked Open Data, and SPARQL end point. See them with Linked Open Graph Tools world wide: https://log.disit.org
- Snap4City is compliant with many protocols such as: AMQP, COAP, MQTT, OneM2M, HTTP, HTTPS, SNMP, TCP, UDP, NGSI, Lora/LoraWAN, SIGFOX, DATEX II, WS SOAP, WSDL, Rest Call, Twitter, FaceBook, Telegram, SMS, OLAP, MySQL, Mongo, HBASE, SOLR, SPARQL, ElasticSearch, WFS, WMS, EMAIL, FTP, FTPS, SMS, MMS, WebSocket, WebSocket Secure, ModBUS, OPC, ODBC, Phoenix, JSON, XML, GeoJSON, WFS, WMS, etc. etc. See also https://www.snap4city.org/drupal/node/65
- Snap4City is compliant with many formats such as: JSON, GeoJSON, XML, TXT, XLS, XLSX, etc. see also https://www.snap4city.org/drupal/node/69
- others and new formats can be easily added.
- Snap4City is Data Analytic in: R Studio, R, Java, C/C++, Python, Tensor Flow, MapReduce, Spark, ArcGIS GeoAnalytic, etc.
- Snap4City is IOT Edge providing code for: Raspberry PI, Linux, Windows, Android, etc.
- Snap4City is IOT Button, see the Snap4All IOT Button: https://www.snap4city.org/drupal/node/276
- Snap4City is IOT Devices of any kind according to their protocols, and with any kind of sensors/actuator data they read/write (send/receive) and manage.
- Snap4City is IOT Brokers such as: IOT Orion Broker, Mosquitto, RabbitMQ, OneM2M, SigFox, TheThingsNetwork, etc., other can be easily added
- Snap4City is interoperable with GIS such as: ESRI ArcGIS, QGIS, GeoServer, etc., and using WFS, WMS, etc.
- Snap4City is Advanced Smart City API, for a large range of services (search/retrieval, geolocation, routing, notifications, pushing, engagement., contribute collection, infomobility, etc.) in moltiple domains: mobility, transportation, energy, health, tourism, culture, sport, financial, commercial, business, shared, etc. They are well documented in Swagger and Postman, and a development tool is also available for developing Web and Mobile Apps.
- Snap4City is MicroServices NodeJS, compliant with Node-JS Node-RED at level of MicroServices. Snap4City MicroService Collections are available on Node-RED library of JS Foundation and can be installed in any Node-RED:
- Snap4City is scalable, roubust and resilient, see for details the several test cases providing the evidence of these features, please register on snap4city.
- Snap4City means Dashboards for Control Rooms as well as Dashboard for using them as user interface for IOT Applications, Mobile, Web Applications.
- Snap4City Dashboard builder is interoperable with REST API, SQL queries, Mongo, SOLR, Elastic Search, HBASE, SPARQL RDF Stores, NGSI, WS/WSs, HTTPS/HTTP, etc.
- Snap4City works with referral, historical data of any kind, structure and non structured, static and dynamic, public and private. Please note that referral data, statistical data, historical data can be loaded in the system by using DataGate tool, or ETL processes, or IOT Application processes.
- Snap4City works with event driven, real time data according to a very large range of protocols and IOT protocols. see also https://www.snap4city.org/drupal/node/65
- Snap4City has been developed in response of Select4Cities call http://www.select4cities.eu . Snap4City has exploited a number of former solutions/prototypes developed in other projects Sii-Mobility MIUR, RESOLUTE H2020, REPLICATE H2020, and by DISIT lab performing additional research, integration and leveraging them as planned in the PCP. The work in Snap4City included: living lab support, IOT Support, GDPR compliance, scalability, robustness, auding, resource management, SSO, user profile management, organization management, data analytic flexibility and modularity, documentation for developers, videos, multitenacy, my perosnal data (POI, KPI, etc.), Wizard, Data Inspector, Heatmap manager, etc.
For any doubt, please contact mailto:snap4City@disit.org or just post a query in the portal or apply for free registration see see inside tools and make your own experiments following our tutorials, video, slides, courses.