Snap4City is FiWare https://www.fiware.org/ compliant in the sense that, Snap4City:
- uses IOT Orion Broker and thus copes with NGSI V1 and NGSI V2 protocols, at level of general IOT connections and on IOT Applications and Dashboards. Please note that Snap4City is compatible with many other protocols and IOT Brokers as well. The IOT Orion Broker can connect JSON, MQTT, Lightweight M2M, LoraWAN, OPC, SigFOX, etc. see FiWare https://www.fiware.org/
- please note that Snap4City is compatible with all the above protocols via IOT Orion Broker, via direct connection on ETL processes on their corresponding IOT brokers, and/or via IOT Applications.
- please note that Snap4City is also compatible with many other protocols, see the table reported in page: https://www.snap4city.org/drupal/node/65
- This means that you can chose to connect your devices at Snap4City Platform in differet manners: (a) directly to Snap4City, or (b) via an IOT Orion Broker (external IOT Broker or those provided by Snap4City), or (c) via any third party IOT Brokers in any protocol you have.
- Improved IOT Orion Broker with the so called Orion Broker Filter (Orion Broker Filter, NGSI Security Wrapper) which is a secure wrapper for NGSI V1 and V2 protocol for enforcing Mutual Authentication, Security, roles, etc.
- produced and release open hardware and open software as IOT Devices with mutual authentication and security based for NGSI on: Android, Arduino and ESP32, IOT Button, etc.
- produced and release open hardware and open software as IOT Edge devices with mutual authentication and security based for NGSI on: Raspberry PI, Windows, Linux.
- includes CKAN with Snap4City DataGate tool
All the other tools of Snap4City have been developed and integrated by Snap4City team and are 100% open source.
Moreover, Snap4City also is compatibile with many other procols and formats, it can work with a large number of IOT Brokers, data aggregators, etc.