Snap4City can ingest/import files of data via:
- DataGate/CKAN tools (manual and automatic) in the formats: CSV and XLS
- see details on: https://datagate.snap4city.org/about
- ETL process in the formats: HTML, JSON, GeoJSON, XML, CSV, XLS, KMZ, Shape, GTFS, OneM2M, LinkeData, Datex II, N3 RDF, OWL, etc.
- see details on: https://www.snap4city.org/drupal/node/24
- IOT Application in NodeRED in the formats: JSON, GeoJSON, HTML, XML, CSV, RDF, XLS, Twitter, Telegram, SMS, Facebook, etc.
For the list of SUPPORTED PROTOCOLS see Snap4City Supported Protocols, adding new protocols
Once the data is ingested it is typically stored into the Big Data Storage (Hbase/Phoenix, as well as on Knowledge Base) for further exploitation for Data Analytic processes, NodeRed Applications, ETL processes, Dashboard Builder, ServiceMap, etc.
In most cases, the ingested data is directly: (i) consumed by the ingestion process in IOT App, (ii) analyzed, cleaned, and reconciled by the ingestion process in ETL. In some cases, the data is directly consumed and processed for computing results and feedback on actuators.