The Proc.Logic can be used to create event driven processing logic. To this end a number of Node-RED nodes can produce a message into the Proc.Logic for activating the internal processing, while other nodes can produce events in other contexts such as other Brokers, Proc.Logic, Dashboards, etc.
For example, Event Driven Inputs Widgets are:
- A periodic event can be programmed.
- An MQTT event on some entity arriving from an MQTT Broker
- A NGSI V2 event from some ORION Broker (internal broker of the platform)
Other Brokers can be used such as: STOMP, AMQP, WS, RSS, email, twitter, SIGFOX, M2M, etc.
Other events can be received by implementing a HTTP server / API by using HTTP Node and thus produced for the single Proc.Logic. We strongly discourage this approach which is not safe and neither scalable. Similar statements for other Node-RED nodes such as: TCP.
- An event from a change on some Snap4City MyKPI variable.
- An event from a Snap4City Synoptic, a click of a user.
- An event of click on snap4city Multi Data Map.