In the Trafair CEF project (http://trafair.eu/), the snap4city platform is used for exploiting some of the data and former solutions for traffic flow reconstruction.
The following three videos are for demonstration only, of the GRAL predictions over 48 hours. They report the predicted evolutions of NOX parcicles not calibrated, so that the colours reported in the heatmap does not express the actual foreacast estimated for NOX. The prediction is performed according to the GRAL model using: traffic flow reconstruction and predictions, weather forecasts including wind intensity and direction, structure of the city in terms of buildings positions and their volumes. Please go on the Trafair project portal for details.
Trafair App and Dashboards: https://trafair.eu/dashboards/
2020 October 9th: Internet Festival in Pisa Italy: Snap4City for Trafair presentation: SLIDE, VIDEO
What DISIT lab with Snap4City platform has done for TRAFAIR, exploiting the High Performance Computing insfrastructure and machine learning solutions of DISIT lab:
- development of the traffic flow reconstruction model and tools
- implementation of the traffic flow reconstruction algorithm and processes for: Firenze, FIPILI, Livorno, Pisa, Santiago di Compostela
- development of the GRAL Based solution for predicting NOX over the cities of Firence, Livorno and Pisa
- Validation of the GRAL vs actual values
- deploy of a number of air quality sensors with the support of CNR IBE
- development of specific Dashboards for accessing to data, heatmaps, traffic flow, etc., drill down and animations on heatmaps
- development of views into mobile Apps to allow the users to access at air quality data and predictions
- dissemination and promotion activities
Disclaimer: The contents of this publication are the sole responsibility of DISIT Lab - DINFO -UNIFI and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of the European Union.