MANAGE TOURISM FLOWS IN A BETTER WAY HOW CAN DO?
PILOT SITE FLORENCE
Tuesday 29 March 2022 in Florence
10:00 – 16:00 | Study Visit & Panel
- WEBex link: https://unifirenze.webex.com/unifirenze/j.php?MTID=ma63f86b65e9aa930949a6025a8324d52
- PASSWORD EVENT: mMm34PKvZq3 (66634758 da telefoni)
The Herit-Data project
A European project that helps to reduce negative impacts of tourism on heritage, natural and urban sites through the use of technology and virtuously orienting tourists behaviours. 6 pilot sites have been selected according to different tourism contexts, in Tuscany, Florence site was selected as one of the most visited UNESCO site in the world and a place where many hidden treasures are overlooked.
Objectives of the event
Regarding the results obtained in the framework of the European project Herit-Data :
share results, outcomes and lessons learned springing from the experimentation in Florence and the project itself.
deepen the future of tourist flows management and data, tools, technologies and methodologies for a bettering of heritage management and tourists experience.
- 10.00 Welcome: Assessora Cecilia Del Re, Comune di Firenze
- 10.10 Opening Speech: Gianluca Vannuccini (Regione Toscana), Davide Bruno (Regione Toscana)
- 10.30 Herit Data Pilot Site video: Florence https://youtu.be/piRrE16s7ZY
- 10.40 Live from Piazza della Signoria – Herita Data project: thermal imaging cameras – WiFi and other results. Alessandro Monti (FRI), DisitLab
- 11.40 Snap4city Short video. Paolo Nesi (Disit Lab, University of Florence)
- 11.50 Snap4City and the CED (Data Processing Center) of DisitLab. Paolo Nesi and Disit Lab staff
- 13.00 -14.00 Lunch Break
- 14.00 Regione Toscana/Toscana Promozione: Data, CED and future developments with Davide Bruno and Francesco Tapinassi
- 14.45 Herit Data panel (David Bruno, Alessandro Monti, Paolo Nesi, Francesco Tapinassi, et al.) and Q&A session about sustainable tourism and Herit Data’s outputs
The event will be in Italian.